xine changing OSD modes when switching channels

Hi,

C.Y.M wrote:

>>> Are you sure that it is "X11 overlay mode" (this mode doesn't support
>>> semi transparent colors)?
>>>
>>> When switching channels, vdr-xine shows the NO SIGNAL screen which has a
>>> resolution of 720x576. If your channels broadcast at a different
>>> resolution then that, you get the visual effect of using "X11 overlay
>>> mode" while NO SIGNAL is shown, but the difference is, that the OSD is
>>> still semi transparent (assuming that support for semi transparent
>>> colors is enabled in vdr-xine's setup menu).
>>>
>>> As it is now easier to create noSignal.mpg, you may create such a single
>>> image mpg at a resolution which suits better for your channels.
>>>
>> Reinhard, you were absolutely correct.  Since most of the broadcast here is done
>> in 544x480, all I had to do was change the no-signal mpeg file to the correct
>> resolution and aspect ratio (4/3) and now it looks perfect when switching
>> channels.  Thanks for explaining that to me and sorry for the trouble.
>
> This is how I fixed it..
>
> mencoder noSignal-completelyBlack.mpg -ovc lavc -lavcopts
> vcodec=mpeg1video:aspect=4/3 -vf scale=544:480 -o
> noSignal-completelyBlack-544x480.mpg

As I got a similar request, here is how I created noSignal.mpg:

cat noSignal.png \
| pngtopnm \
| ppmtoy4m -F 25:1 -A 4:3 -I p -r -S 420mpeg2 -v 2 -n 1 \
| mpeg2enc -f 8 -a 2 -q 1 -n p -I 0 -T 120 -R 2 -g 10 -G 12 -o noSignal.mpg

noSignal.png should have a resolution of 720x576, but you may want to
use a resolution which fits better to the resolution of your channels.

Some tools require at least a certain version to accept the mentioned
arguments. Here are my versions:

pngtopnm: netpbm-10.26.12-5.4
ppmtoy4m: mjpegtools-1.8.0
mpeg2enc: mjpegtools-1.8.0