Vdr-xine and XvMC?

Petri Helin wrote:

> I have a 6600gt, version 8178 of NVidia's drivers and the following
> setup for VDR and Xine:

Thanks, I have to try the new driver version, I somehow thought 8178 was
buggy and should be avoided but then it's xvmc not broken for all cards.

> /vdr/setup.conf:
> xine.autoPrimaryDeviceMode = autoPrimaryDeviceOn
> xine.modeLiveTV.prebufferFrames = 8
> xine.muteMode = muteSimulate
> xine.osdGammaCorrection = 123
> xine.osdMode = osdBlendClipped
> xine.transparencyMode = transparencyOn
> xine.volumeMode = volumeChange

This should be OK in my setup.

> video.device.xvmc_bob_deinterlacing:1
> video.output.xv_deinterlace_method:none

This saves a lot work to find out the correct HW deinterlacer setting
:^) One more question, did you compile xine-lib this way:

./configure --with-xvmc-lib=XvMCNVIDIA

I'm not sure if xxmc in Debian Etch x.org finds libXvMCNVIDIA library
without this definition but it could be one reason why OSD is broken if
it was not caused by 7676 driver version. The humble OSD in MPlayer
works for me so it probably is something xine dependent.

BR,
Seppo