Vdr mplayer and softdevice - mplayer video quits after a fewseconds

Anthony Hornby schrieb:
> Thanks for the reply,
> I know about softplay.
> I am using the e-tobi.net packages on Debian and there is no softplay
> package yet.
> If no-one has experienced this mplayer error and can tell me what is
> going on, my time might be better spent trying to package softplay
> instead :-)

There are some fundamental problems when using the mplayer plugin with
the softdevice, the most important one is that both try to access the
video card. Of course one could shut down the softdevice while using
mplayer, but one would loose the osd and (depending on how one does it)
the softdevice remotes. Such a solution would have to be different for
each video-out method, would be a _hack_ and probably never really stable.
Getting mplayer-plugin support for the softdevice has often been
requested, but due to the problems I mentioned I won't spend time on it.
If someone else wants to try to fix the problems and finds a good and
stable solution for the problems - just go ahead and send patches.

Martin