More than four DVB-cards?

On Fri, Mar 10, 2006 at 01:05:47AM +0200, Tuomas Jormola wrote:

> On 9.3.2006, at 20:41, vdr@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:
>
> >On Wed, Mar 08, 2006 at 08:16:41PM +0100, BRUNETON B??ranger wrote:
> >>Latest linux kernel  support more that 4 DVB devices.
> >>What is your kernel version?
> >
> >Hi!
> >
> >2.6.14 - I get five devices in /dev/dvb - and I can use the fifth card
> >with for example vlc to stream a DVB-channel at the same time as I'm
> >using four cards together with VDR ...

> By the way, you could do the same with with VDR + streamdev plugin
> and vlc. Of course you wouldn't be able to use that card in other VDR
> activities when vlc is streaming TV broadcast accessed over the HTTP
> server of streamdev, which is consuming one of the cards. But you'd
> still have 3 cards left which is quite plenty (unless you have some
> very special needs, in which I apologize for spending everyone's time
> with this message ;). And if your clients view the networked stream
> only occasionally in a VoD manner, the card would be available to VDR
> when no-one is viewing the vlc stream and thus the card would be put
> in better use. When vlc is streaming TV program received directly
> from the DVB device, the card would just sit idle when no clients are
> accessing the vlc stream.

Hi!

Well, I'm having 4 clients (1xVDR streamdev-client, 2xHauppauge MVP,
1xWindows-client) connected to my VDR-box with the cards that
I'm only using as streamdev-server. I have both -S and -T cards with
different channels on them so I would really like to have all five (or
actually six) cards available through VDR ...

/Lars