VDR and MythTV

I demand that Niko Mikkila may or may not have written...

> On Wed, 08 Mar 2006 17:35:13 +0000
> Darren Salt <linux@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>> I demand that Kartsa may or may not have written...
>> [snip]
>>> Almost every day I record three channels at the same time.
>> That means little without bandwidth stats (or disk space used per hour)
>> for those channels.

> On average under 3500 kbit/s = 1.5 GB/hour for most Finnish channels, at
> least on DVB-T, and I doubt cable is any better here.

That's 437.5kB/s.

Let's double that to take account of PCI->memory transfer and processing time
taking a chunk out of disk I/O time and assume typical maximum IDE bandwidth
of 30MB/s on PII/PIII boards.

That gives 35 channels.

I'm not saying that this is in any way accurate, though :-)

| + Use more efficient products. Use less.          BE MORE ENERGY EFFICIENT.

revision: n. The act of reading notes five minutes before an important exam.