Remote control and view of VDR (over network)

CR schrieb:
> Hi,
>
> For a number of reasons, I want to keep my VDR computer in one room and
> view the VDR stream on a second computer which is hooked to the TV.
> Ideally, I'd have full-access to VDR on the second computer (EPG, pause
> live TV, etc, etc), as if I were on the VDR machine.
>
> Is there any plug-in/patches and programs that would give me this
> capability?  I know of VOMP but I have no MediaMVP (the second computer
> should be fast enough to do this).#

You should try the streamdev-server and streamdev-client plugins
together with vdradmin or xxv.

> I tried to launch vdr with softdevice and the display exported to the
> second computer (and I verified X programs launch, xclock appeared on
> second computer's display, etc) but I got a permissions error on the
> client:
>
> "
> X Error of failed request:  BadAccess (attempt to access private resource
> denied)
>   Major opcode of failed request:  149 (MIT-SHM)
>   Minor opcode of failed request:  1 (X_ShmAttach)
> "

Viewing the OSD over the network used to work with the softdevice, but
video never will. Sending the decoded video over a network connection
doesn't make sense, the bandwidth requirements are too high.

Bye,
Martin