suggestion for shutdown-handling

Am Donnerstag, 2. M?rz 2006 09:11 schrieb Helmut Auer:
> Hello,
>
> > I hope it's OK to post this kind of things (it's my first post here).
> > To suport plugins changing the operating mode, the var LiveTvMode could
> > be made static with provided setter and getter.
> > So the plugins could change the mode and the user is stil able to
> > overwrite the mode and shutdown the vdr immediatelly.
> >
> > Having a toggle entry in the OSD-menu, the user could also switch to
> > LiveTvMode in case that the vdr has been started for a recording event.
> >
> > Please let me know, what you (especially Klaus) are think about this
> > suggestion.
>
> Generally I like your idea :)
> But I would prefer to give the cPlugin Class a Busy member ( which returns
> false by default and could be changed by the plugin ) and vdr asks all
> plugins if they are busy and if any of these is busy the user must confirm
> the shutdown.

Well, that was my first thought - and there already exists patches to do
exactly this. Then I heard, that that kind of extension was undesired in the
vdr.

May be, because a buggy plugin could prevent the vdr from shutdown?
Using the mode of operation, a plugin could query and change the state, but
the vdr stays beeing the master and could overwrite the mode of operation at
any time.

Hope I understood the things right.