Reelbox

Luca Olivetti <luca@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> En/na Harald Milz ha escrit:

> > There is no such thing like HDCP end-to-end
> > (broadcasting station - TV set) encryption (or am I missing something here?
> > Can somebody please shed some light on this?).

> http://www.firingsquad.com/hardware/ati_nvidia_hdcp_support/

Slightly off-topic. This is about Windows Vista compatible (HDCP capable)
computer monitors and playing back Blu-Ray or HD-DVD on Windows Vista. I
am talking about the graphics card driver for Linux.  Mind you, LCD
flat panel TV sets are mostly HDCP capable now (if you pay attention
when you buy) so this is not an issue.

The question is if anything in a DVB-S2 broadcasting requires /
enforces the graphics card to HD ready TV set link (DVI or HDMI) to
be HDCP encrypted. If you have a shrinkwrapped device (e.g. a Premiere
set-top box) that requires a HDCP capable display you can't avoid having
one. AFAIK the _device_ enforces HDCP not the broadcasting (this is
different with HD-DVD or Blu-Ray but this is another story). If this
is true, I can't see what the problem is...

--
Love cannot be much younger than the lust for murder.
		-- Sigmund Freud