VDRAdmin doesn't display preview of channel

On Fri, 24 Feb 2006 13:35:47 +0200
Jouni Karvo <jouni.karvo@xxxxxx> wrote:

> Niko Mikkila writes:
>  >
>  > Preview only works with full-featured DVB-cards that have an onboard
>  > MPEG-2 decoder. With budget cards you can install streamdev-server
>  > plugin and use streaming instead, but you won't get OSD that way.
>
> Well - I have got periodic still images (including OSD) with vdr-xine.
> I am not sure about after the last upgrade, though.  For streaming,
> yes, no such thing.

Interesting. Where does VDR Admin get those decoded images from?
I thought the only source VDR Admin uses is /dev/video* and that is
certainly not available when having only Xine (or softdevice or Dxr3)
as a decoder. Are you sure you don't have a FF card in your system?

--Niko