[RFC] Eliminating the 'summary' field of timers

Christian Wieninger wrote:
> Am Mittwoch, 22. Februar 2006 17:45 schrieb Klaus Schmidinger:
>
>>Oh, I thought this was about displaying the 'aux' string in the "Recording"
>>menu. Well, I wouldn't mind displaying it in the "Edit timer" menu, since
>>I myself would never see it, anyway.
>

> where do you plan to display the info and how can one invoke it?

I would display it in the last line of the "Edit timer" menu.

> Will the current behaviour of the 'ok' key (displaying the summary, after the
> change only the original EPG) be kept?

No. The Ok key will always open the "Edit timer" menu.
There will probably be a way of displaying the actual event
a timer it currently assigned to. Presumably I'll take the
"Edit" functionality off the Red button (that's available with
Ok, anyway) and shift that which the Blue button currently does
to the Red one (which would also prevent users from inadvertently
disabling a timer when invoking the "Timers" menu with the Blue key).
The Blue key will then display the event info.

> If so, one could place an addtional
> submenu here that displays the AUX field.

The 'aux' field will be displayed in a single line, like all
the other timer parameters. After all, it's just supposed to be a
way of marking timers for external applications, so there shouldn't
be tons of text in there (of course there can be, but only the first
part of it will be visible).

> If you can agree with that, I
> suggest to do the same for the recording summary. (Just another try ;-) )

Well, if it makes you happy, I can display this single line at the
end of the "Recording" menu, too ;-) Since I myself won't ever be bothered
with this, I don't care about it.

Klaus