Audio channel problem

2006/2/20, Antti Hartikainen <ami+vdr@xxxxx>:
> >>  Hello
> >>
> >>  I have problem in VDR version 1.3.42 and 1.3.43.
> >>  When I switching audio channels, I see only numbers instead of short-name
> >>  of
> >>  audio track.
> >>  In VDR 1.3.41 everything is OK.
> >>  Does anybody has the same problem?
> >
> > Confirmed. Only audio track number is displayed.
> >
> > But now audio track names work when replaying! ;-)
> >
> > But when replaying recording, preferred audio track is not selected, but the
> > first track found (as it was previously, when audio track names doesn't
> > work.)
>
> I tested a patch from
> http://users.tkk.fi/~rahrenbe/vdr/vdr-1.3.43-audiotracks.diff.gz
> Seems that with this patch finnish DVB-T channels show correct audio
> language, instead of number. But with DVB-S channels (Canal Digital)
> only numbers are displayed.

I also tried the patch, as I thought of doing in my own thread "Wrong
language selected from transmission (YLE2 Olympics)".

On DVB-C, without the patch (on 1.3.42), I got the selections "1" and
"2", out of which "1" was selected as default (containing the Swedish
commentary, on YLE2, despite my preference of Finnish in VDR
settings).

After upgrading to 1.3.43 and trying the patch above, I get two
selections both labelled "fin" (I think I once got "fin" and "2" after
applying the patch). The first "fin" gets selected per default, but
contains in fact the Swedish commentary. I still need to manually
change to the Finnish commentary (that being the second "fin").

> But with or without this patch, languages on recordings are OK on
> DVB-S.

I tried also recording from DVB-C (with the patch); the is no
difference compared to live recordings.
Ville Aakko - ville.aakko@xxxxxxxxx