Mplayercluster-plugin crashes with long NFS paths

Teppo Jalava wrote:
> It seems that there is some memory problems with mplayercluster plugin
> when using NFS-path mapping and the server side path gets big enough.
> I did some testing and noticed that the critical length of the file
> path is somewhere near 58 characters.

All these strings are dynamically allocated, either in the (local)
cString class or malloc'ed with exact size, so I dont think that this is
a simple buffer overflow.

> deleting 137789880
> nach delete
> *** glibc detected *** malloc(): memory corruption: 0x083682a0 ***

(1) the delete is commented out for some reason, so this cant be causing it.
(2) this is the last message of the init part, so the bug may be
somewhere in the main loop.

> I'll try to debug the plugin and see if I can find out more
> information about this.

Anything helpful would be very welcome. Add some more debug messages or
try to locate the crash with a debugger.

Cheers,

Udo