vdradminbug?

From: "Pasi Juppo" <pasi.juppo@xxxxxx>
> Niko Mikkila wrote:
>> On Tue, 14 Feb 2006 13:27:52 +0200 (EET)
>> Marko Myllymaa <myllymaa@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>>
>>> Hi,
>>>
>>> I almost got one whole day recording, but luckily noticed it on timers
>>> and
>>> deleted it. Lately I've been getting some timers twice and for some
>>> weird
>>> reason I've got two times timer for Galactica for saturday, while it's
>>> broadcasted only on friday and I've added that to the autotimer,
>>> ie. friday only...
>>>
>>> So far all MTV3 recordings/timers are okay. Some subtv timers have been
>>> doupled and nelonen has these Galactica bugs and also some timers have
>>> been doupled.
>>
>> I have the same problem with all my autotimers for Nelonen. I get the
>> correct timer and then incorrect ones later or a bit earlier the same
>> day and for the few days after the correct date. Smells like a problem
>> in their EPG, but I haven't yet turned on logging in VDRAdmin to see if
>> there's anything strange.
>
> It would be a good debug tool if either VDR or vdradmin stores the EPG
> data (history data not just the new data) for later usage. Of course the
> file would be large but that would be a good tool when reporting to the
> broadcast companies if their EPG is not correct.

I think it should be VDR that would create the history file. Its VDR that
creates the file and removes entrys from it, isn't it. It could also be some
kind of setting for how old data would be stored and possibly for which
channels. The problem I think would be how to present the history data
because of possible changes in the EPG data itself. There could be an error
in the data for many days and in some point it would be corrected and
possibly corrected again. How should these changes be in the history file
for it to be easily read. Ofcourse the data may not be corrected at all and
that would also be seen in the history data.

Another question is that should this data be browseable in OSD or only
through telnet or ssh (or maybe vdradmin).

\\Kartsa