Streamdev: no sound in VLC or mplayer

Paavo Hartikainen wrote:
> Pasi Juppo <pasi.juppo@xxxxxx> writes:
>
>> VDR is in separate PC so I accessed it via http (port 3000 and using
>> ES as written in README of the streamdev). Picture is ok but no
>> sound.  However, I'm only able to use ES with mplayer - not with
>> VLC. If I don't add ES to the URL then picture is fine with VLC but
>> no audio (and there should not be any audio).
>
> ES means client gets stream without container. Contents of one TS PID
> only.
>
> With "mplayer" or "gxine", try "PES" instead of "ES". With "VLC", try
> not to use "streamdev-server".

The README file should be updated because with PES mplayer works fine!
Thanks a lot!

Why VLC does not work with streamdev-server? What other alternatives
there are for network streaming?

Any idea if there is a tool that allows channel switch (playlist could
be used but that is not very elegant solution)?

Br, Pasi