softdevice debug messages

Halim Sahin schrieb:
> Hi,
>
> I noticed that the debug was turned of in the cvs now.
> What about the printf lines in mpeg2decoder.c?
> They produze output on stdout too.

The line
        printf("Type: %d Buffer fill: %d\n",
          context->codec_type,PacketQueue.Available());

which you mentioned has been #ifdef'ed out all the time.

Usually in the CVS development version there are a few low volume traces
switched on, just to be able to see where something went wrong in case
of problems. I'm mostly using Xv-out, so it makes quite a lot of sense
to print traces to stdout since I can see them in the terminal I started
vdr, or pipe them in a file for later analysis. For releases they are of
course switched off :-)

I would like to invite you to join the softdevice mailing list in case
you have more questions about the development of the softdevice :-)

Bye,
Martin