Confirm messages

Darren Salt wrote:
> I demand that Klaus Schmidinger may or may not have written...
>

>>Darren Salt wrote:
>>
>>>I demand that Laurence Abbott may or may not have written...

>>>Just wait until you want to record a film on, say, ITV2. You know, one of
>>>those which is split in half so that they can stick in some other
>>>programme, the scheduled start and end times of which are works of
>>>fiction.
>

>>Can you give an example of this?
>

> Not *specifically* the works-of-fiction bit (I've observed this during live
> viewing, returning from doing something else while the other programme was
> supposedly still on only to find that the film had already been resumed), but
> I can provide plenty of examples of schedule data - this sort of interruption
> is *very* common; barely a film goes by without one on some channels.
>
> However, the default timer margins should cover this.
>
> And on some other channels (ITV1) they put more than one programme in the way
> - that's to do with a commitment to showing news at 22:30.
>
> Two examples are attached.

Well, I'm afraid this would result in an endless series of implementing
yet another special case...

Brodcasts that are sliced into pieces should use the PDC descriptor
to mark the parts that belong together. The PDC descriptor contains
the "Programme Identification Label" (PIL), which VDR uses to implement
the "VPS" functionality. Here in Germany some channels set the PIL
to the same value in case a programme is interrupted by some news
report or so. VDR can then stop recording when the first part ends,
and resume recording when the second part starts. At least that's
how it's supposed to work - it's hard to test that, because such
broadcasts are rather rare...

Klaus