Re:DVD and DVDselect Plugin Setup

Hi Hans,

Hans-Werner Hilse wrote:

>On Fri, 03 Feb 2006 15:07:55 +1300
>Richard Scobie <r.scobie at clear.net.nz> wrote:

>I don't use it for DVD images. In fact, I don't use the DVD player
>plugin anymore, because this can easily be covered with the mplayer
>plugin, which I am using now.

OK... I am not sure if this will work for me, as I am only viewing via
the output of my Nexus card, not a VGA monitor - or am I
misunderstanding how the mplayer plugin operates?

>> The first message about IMDCT is coming from liba52 and prior to my
>> recompiling liba52 with djbfft support, I was getting:
>>
>> No accelerated IMDCT transform found. (and a segfault)
>
>What does "prior to" mean here. Is the problem gone?

No. Initially I compiled liba52 without djbfft support and got the
segfault and the message "No accelerated IMDCT transform found".

Googling for this message and vdr, I found a post on the vdr list from
someone who was seeing this message trying to play mp3 and it was
suggested that adding djbfft support would fix it. Sadly, it has not for me.

Apologies for breaking the thread. If any list maintainer is reading,
there seems to be a problem that although I can post to the list, I am
not receiving mail from it (have checked junk filtering etc). This may
be because I was removed from the list because of an overflowing mailbox
in the past.

Regards,

Richard