REQUEST UI change when OK pressed

Mike Parker wrote:
>>Date: Tue, 31 Jan 2006 22:21:13 +0100
>>From: Klaus Schmidinger <Klaus.Schmidinger@xxxxxxxxxx>
>>Subject: Re: REQUEST UI change when OK pressed
>>To: vdr@xxxxxxxxxxx
>>
>>Gunnar Roth wrote:

>>>What to use when watching a recording to get the info text? While
>>>replaying yellow skips a minute forward.
>>>Maybe when pressing ok , the color buttons could get another meanings,
>>>shown by rectangles on the screen bottom as usual.
>>>regards,
>>>gunnar
>>
>>The color buttons are just used via keymacros.conf for
>>shortcuts when viewing live tv. Of course in replay they
>>already have a meaning.
>>
>>If you want a dedicated Info key, just define one on
>>your RC.
>>
>>Klaus
>

> I was unaware of the new Info key (was using vdr-1.3.37) and certainly it
> does do as described - thank you.
> You must have had requests for this (or felt it was necessary) and as Gunnar
> suggests it would also be beneficial in record playback.
> While this is a key option, it does mean one less key for us to use for
> macros. If a double press of ok is used in viewing and record, I beleive we
> improve the UI and reduce 'clutter' on the screen.

Bringing up the channel display to quickly see what's on right now,
or displaying the progress display while replaying to see how far
the replay has gone are functions that should work quick and easily.
Pressing Ok shall bring these up, and another press of Ok shall put
them away again. I don't think it would be good to force the user
to press Back to close these.

Just define a dedicated Info key if this is an important function
for you, and you you'll be able to bring up the info in live mode
and while replaying.

> Do you have any feelings about my other suggestion about showing what is
> being recorded (either channel or program) when the OK key is pressed?

You can see that in the "Timers" menu.

Klaus