conditional access and restarting

On Tuesday 31 January 2006 17:05, jori.hamalainen@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:
[...]
> In my setup with FF-DVBC + Conax CAM + legal card and budget DVBC-card this
> made my system to continuously restart. Only thing to stop this was logging
> in into VDR-machine, editing timers.conf and disabling the timer.
>
> Restarting was done so quickly that I could press just one remote control
> key, but could not disable timer via OSD.

I had such a problem two days ago. VDR was terminating (with rc 1)
around every 20 seconds. No log message. Threads simply end and VDR
terminates. But only if a recording was active.

After several hours of search I found that the non-primary DVB card in my
system had no reception due to an unplugged cable at the dish.

That made VDR quit without any log message.

This was/is with VDR 1.3.37. I have not tested with 1.3.40 yet, and that's why
I did not report here, yet.

It would be good if VDR would somehow handle the problem itself and deactivate
the input devices that have no/bad signal for a while (or permanent,
whatever).

Kind regards,
Stefan