Confirm messages

On Fri, 2006-01-27 at 15:27 +0100, Peter Juszack wrote:
> Laurence Abbott wrote:
>
> >Ditto: that would be really annoying but then I generally use a 'proper'
> >Stop button rather than the blue button to stop playback. I'd have
> >thought stopping playback by accident is only a minor annoyance,
> >compared with shutting down by accident, for example, which does have a
> >confirmation message.

{snippage}

> So maybe at least the Back key could be disabled?

I've never used the back key for that, maybe because this usage seems
illogical to me.

> What do you mean with 'minor annoyance'? That it is annoying but should
> be tolerated?

I was just meaning that it is east to restart playing back a recording.
Granted, getting back to the mp3 you were playing is a lot more work but
I was comparing with shutting down by mistake, where you'd probably have
to wait a few minutes, get up, go and poke the power button, and then
wait a few more minutes while it boots back up, before you can start to
get back to where you were!

:-)

Cheers,

Laz