vdr-1.3.38 and low SR channel black]

Juergen Judt wrote:
> I have here the same Problem (no Locks by channel switching by some
> transponders) with VDR 1.3.38 with DVB-T.
>
> Of course I have not so strong DVB-T signal, but with VDR 1.3.37 I have no
> Problems with channel switching and Locks!!
>
> With tests with both VDR versions above I use the same kernel (2.6.15) and
> DVB driver.
>
> Has this anything to do with the following changes?
>
> - Improved TS/PES conversion to better handle lost TS packets (thanks to
> Reinhard Nissl).
> - The DVB devices now retune (and, if applicable, resend the DiSEqC data) if
> the lock is lost (based on a patch from Reinhard Nissl).
> - Fixed handling TS packets in cTS2PES (thanks to Reinhard Nissl).
> - Any cReceivers still attached to a cDevice when that device switches to a
> different transponder are now automatically detached (suggested by Patrick
> Fischer).
> - Adapted c(Dvb)Device: ProvidesCa() to the dynamic CA handling.
> - Added a mutex to synchronize cDevice: PlayPesPacket() and
> SetCurrentAudioTrack()
> (thanks to Reinhard Nissl).

Are there any messages like

   ERROR: frontend ... timed out while tuning to channel ...

in the log? If not, I'd say that rules out

- The DVB devices now retune (and, if applicable, resend the DiSEqC data) if
   the lock is lost (based on a patch from Reinhard Nissl).

Other than that I'd rule out

- Any cReceivers still attached to a cDevice when that device switches to a
   different transponder are now automatically detached (suggested by Patrick
   Fischer).
- Adapted c(Dvb)Device: ProvidesCa() to the dynamic CA handling.
- Added a mutex to synchronize cDevice: PlayPesPacket() and
   SetCurrentAudioTrack() (thanks to Reinhard Nissl).

since they have nothing to do with the actual tuning.

To test whether it's the remux stuff, try the remux.c file from version 1.3.37.
It should be possible to just replace it and recompile.

Klaus