event id ?

Gregoire Favre wrote:
> On Sun, Jan 08, 2006 at 11:23:07AM +0100, Klaus Schmidinger wrote:
>

>>You could to
>>
>>$Id = $time / 60 % 0xFFFF;
>>
>>as I do in my getskyepg.pl script.
>>$time is the start time of the event, so this method
>>would give you unique ids for every minute of over 6 weeks.
>

> Oh, thank you very much, so if I understand it right, the event id is
> not something really important as long as they are unique ?
>
> So for channels that have very poor EPG, all I have to take care about
> is that I put different number for the EPG I send through SVDRP ?

Well, if there is already EPG data present, your generated IDs
might interfere with the existing ones. So in order to avoid this
you might want to first check whether there already is an event with
the ID you want to use for a given time, and then maybe reuse the
existing ID in order to avoid duplicates.

Klaus