sourcecaps, vdr-1.3.36, and concurrent recordings

Good evening Jeremy,

I don't know if this is true with the sourcecaps patch, but this deals with
recording priorities.  It's my understanding that recordings have a default
(lower) priority and occur on secondary tuners.
Look at the vdr MANUAL regarding Primary limit; which states:

The minimum priority a timer must have to be allowed to
use the primary DVB interface, or to force another timer
with higher priority to use the primary DVB interface.
This is mainly useful for recordings that should take
place only when there is nothing else to do, but should
never keep the user from viewing stuff on the primary
interface. On systems with only one DVB card, timers
with a priority below PrimaryLimit will never execute.

Anyhow, I hope the above is relevant to your issue.

Thanks again for the start that you've provided by on occasion through your
id-disc topics and the several private emails over the past few years!  I've
been hanging out with Cym and the fellas in #vdr for the past year and have
been enjoying helping others with vdr :)

Take care,
george