VDSB Video Data Stream Broken

Martin Schoenbeck wrote:
> Hi Klaus,
>
> Klaus Schmidinger schrieb:
>
>> Of course, that's what it is - I should have seen that by the
>> 20 seconds interval.
>

> Ok, so the timeouts are OK, right?
>
>>> AFAIK not on two cards. We see and hear under certain conditions (I
>>> assume, it happens, when then retuning is on the primary device) sort
>>> of glitches any several seconds. But these glitches are some
>>> milliseconds, not two seconds.
>>

>> Is that a new effect, caused by the tuner timeout patch?
>> If so, was it also there with Reinhard's original patch?
>

> I didn't notice it with Reinhard's patch, but I'm not sure about that. I
> noticed a short distortion this morning at a time, where tuner 1 and
> tuner 2 announced timeouts, but AFAIK the primaryDVB 1 uses tuner 0,
> isn't it? And there were no entries at all with tuner 0 until we started
> a recording.

Maybe there's a problem with your multiswitch?
When the second or third device changes the transponder, there shouldn't
be any interference with the first device.

>>> I took 4 seconds and will report.
>

>> Ok.
>

> The timeouts didn't go, but I assume, that's normal, given the EPG scan
> scanning. Is the EPG scan running around the clock, if there is a free
> device other than the primary device?

Yes.

I have attached a slightly modified version of the patch, which
avoids error messages like

   ERROR (dvbdevice.c,157): Value too large for defined data type

when clearing the event queue. It also returns the current frontend status
even if there was no event, and logs the channel number and transponder
in case of a timeout. As far as I can see the timeouts always happen
on transponders that are currently not broadcasting, or use very low
symbol rates, which my full featured second device can't handle.

Klaus