(offtopic) Voltage moding rev 1.3

[Please respond to the list. Thank you.]

Jarmo J?rvenp?? wrote:
> Can't understand german and babelfish was not succesful enough, thus,
> what's this mod? Hauppage board, do you know specific model?

This modification is for Rev 1.3 full-featured DVB-S cards only
(BSRV2 tuner): http://www.linuxtv.org/wiki/index.php/PCI_devices_DVB-S

It should be applied only if you have an very unstable signal.
It must _not_ be applied to other card revisions.

If there is too much noise from the power supply the tuner of the 1.3
cannot lock to the transponder in a reliable way.
The voltage mod will fix that.

> Oliver Endriss wrote:
> > Paul Lacatus wrote:
> >> Sorry about offtopic but from vdr wiki I  found that there is a way to
> >> improve the stability of SNR and STR readings in vdr but didn't found
> >> relevant information to go further with  the voltage moding.  If somebody
> >> can give me a link I will be gratefull
> >
> > See http://www.vdr-wiki.de/wiki/index.php/SpannungsMod
> > I applied the first solution (loesung 1: original hauppauge):
> > - remove coil connected to pin 14 of the tuner
> > - connect tuner pin 14 with pin 4 (or pin 6)

I already sent an important correction to the list but it did not show
up until now. So once more:

| Oops, the coil is _located_ at pin 14, but _connected_ to pin 13!
| - remove coil connected to pin 13 of the tuner
| - connect tuner pin 13 with pin 4 (or pin 6)

If you do not have any problems you should not apply the mod!

Oliver

VDR Remote Plugin available at
http://www.escape-edv.de/endriss/vdr/