Ghosting problem and deinterlacing

On Mon, 26 Dec 2005 14:16:36 +0200
Burak BAYER <bbayer@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> I use budget card SS2  + softdevice CVS + ffmpeg 4.9.1
>
> I have problem with deinterlacing and refresh rates I think. In footbal
> matches and other fast changing movies there is a ghosting problem. How
> can I fix it?? Is there any efficient way or deinterlace implementation??

Softdevice currently lacks advanced deinterlacing algorithms that
output progressive video at 50 fps instead of the normal 25 fps.
Ghosting could be mostly eliminated with 25 fps algorithms (like
lavcdeint in MPlayer), but the fluidity of the video will still suffer.

Right now Xine and the vdr-xine plugin is your best bet to get good
deinterlaced output. Use the tvtime post-processing plugin with
Greedy2Frame, GreedyH or TomsMoComp algorithms (example xine command
line is provided in vdr-xine documentation). This will require more
processing power than Softdevice with its normal deinterlacing
algorithms, but the adaptive algorithms in Xine also look much better.
With cheap_mode set to 1, Greedy2Frame works very well at 720x576 on a
600 MHz Athlon, but this may require compiling a locally optimized Xine
binary.

--
Niko Mikkil?