2 budget cards + softdevice + vdr 1.3.31

On 12/14/05, Harald Milz <hm@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Ari Koponen <juniper81@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> > I've been trying to setup a system that has budget cards and no FF
> > cards at all. With one DVB card it works well enough but I can't get
> > VDR to use the second card. Has anyone experience with this kind of
> > setup? My DVB cards are Technotrend dvb-c budget v1.0 and terratec
> > cinergy dvb-c 1200.
>
> I have a similar setup that works fine with a FuSi Activy budget card and a
> Nova-s SE card (uses budget_ci although it has ni CI connectors and
> circuitry - duh). I believe your TT is very similar to the latter. Have you
> checked if the dvb stack recognizes the second card at all?

OK, I got it working now although I didn't actually do anything
special. I just tested first with czap and both adapters seemed to
tune simultaneously. Then I tested VDR and it worked also fine. I
wonder what was the problem earlierly today.. Yesterday I switched to
2.6.14.3 kernel and made some modifications to its configuration, for
example enabled the pre-emption so it might be that. I switched the
kernel because the DVB driver in previous one didn't work very well
with the Cinergy. I'm also a bit worried about electromagnetic
interference (EMI) because the case that holds the hardware is wooden
(selfmade) so it doesn't protect very much.. But anyway, thanks for
response although I'm not sure what the dvb stack is.

- Ari