Re: [patch] OSD language settings stored as language code

Klaus Schmidinger wrote:
> Lucian Muresan wrote:
>
>>Hi,
>>
>>Klaus Schmidinger wrote:

>>>Well, if you want this to go into the official VDR source
>>>then you should do this based on the latest version ;-)
>>>
>>>Also, this will break the OSD language selection for many users,
>>>but then again this should have been stored a a three letter
>>>code, anyway, so this might be a good opportunity tu justify
>>>this break...
>>

>>Attached is patch that basically does 2 things:
>> 1. stores OSD language selection as a 3-letter language code;
>

> Ok, I'll adopt this for version 1.4.
>

>> 2. unties the present hard-wired number of OSD languages to be the same
>>as the number of *content* languages defined in vdr.
>

> This will have to wait until after version 1.4, I'm not going
> to change that now.

Actually, this separation is done in a way that leaves everything
unchanged (or better, transparent), it rather prepares the code for
external language files due to the flexibility I tried to put in. But
you're right, as it's not necessary only for the 3-letter code
storing/parsing, that can wait. Anyway, thanks for considering :-)

Lucian