Re: How to display an OSD message from a thread?

> There is currently no way of doing this.
> I'm not sure if there will be one in version 1.4.
>
> What's so important about your message that it can't wait?

There will be several cases where a plugin wants to access the main thread.
There should be a clear and reliable mechanism to do this.

If you have a look at how this problem is solved in Qt, you see that there you
send a QCustomEvent through the event to a QObject. Transferred to a more
abstract level, this means:
- access and possibly wake up the event loop
- an addressee
- possibility to store private data
- every request for access will result in exactly one access, as soon as
possible as soon as all other events have been processed

For VDR, this might mean:
- add a mechanism to the event loop (cRemote)
- the addressee and private data problem is solved when an object implementing
a simple pure virtual interface is provided by the caller

Marcel