Testing multi CAM mode

On Sat, 2005-11-19 at 10:43 +0100, Klaus Schmidinger wrote:
> Mikko Salo wrote:
> > On Fri, 2005-11-18 at 14:49 +0100, Klaus Schmidinger wrote:
> >
> >>if you have only one CAM in a CI adapter with two slots, then the line
> >>
> >>           newCaSupport = true;
> >>
> >>at the end of cCiHandler::SendCaPmt() could be triggering the jumpy
> >>live stream. Could you please try without this line?
> >>
> >>Klaus
> >

> > Yes, I have only one Conax CAM in a CI with two slots.
> > Removing that line fixed live stream.
> > I really hoped it would fix recording too, but no...darn! :(
> >
> > I noticed that if I'm recording encrypted channel and don't change
> > channel but switch to replay mode of that at the same time recording
> > channel, it gets distorted.
> >
> > Only when I record and watch that same channel I get no distortions in
> > recordings, same as if I'm without this patch :)
> >
> > --Mikko
>
> Are you getting distortions in the recording only when you switch
> live channels or start/stop a recording, or all the time, even
> if you don't do anything?
>
> In the first case this could be a problem with your CAM not
> implementing the CA_PMT FIRST/MORE/LAST handling correctly.
> In the latter case I currently have no idea what might be wrong
> there.
>
> Klaus

Heres the test cases I made after that cCiHandler fix:

Live    | Recording     | Play      | Recording   | Live        |
        |               |           | distortions | distortions |
TV1000  | none          | none      | none        | none        |
TV1000  | TV1000        | none      | none        | none        |
TV1000  | TV1000        | TV1000    | yes         | (1          | (2
TV1000  | TV1000 action | none      | yes         | none        | (3

(1 when card is in replay mode, not possible(?)
(2 switched from live to play mode, still recording at background
(3 every channel switch caused distortions in recording, tested with
many channels from same transponder.

These are the cases that I could think of, did I miss someone?
I hope that ascii table dont get messed up and this clears things up :)

system specs:
Asus Pundit-S
- Pentium 4 2.4GHz
- Seagate 160Gb HD
- 512M DDR
- Technotrend Premium 2.1 DVB-C + 261d Firmware
- Technotrend 3.5" CI
- Conax 4.00e CAM

--Mikko