Testing multi CAM mode

timo wrote:
> On Fri, 2005-11-18 at 14:49 +0100, Klaus Schmidinger wrote:
>>Hi Mikko,
>>
>>if you have only one CAM in a CI adapter with two slots, then the line
>>
>>           newCaSupport = true;
>>
>>at the end of cCiHandler::SendCaPmt() could be triggering the jumpy
>>live stream. Could you please try without this line?
>>
>>Klaus
>>

> Hi and thank you Klaus
>
>         With this change I am recording now three encrypted channels
>         from Canal+ Local subsciption and watch some else in the same
>         time. It did take some time system to stabilize, when I started
>         these recordings almost in the same time, vdr did restart two
>         times befor to get stabilized. With two recordings in the same
>         time works steady.
>         When I now change channel, I get many messages like this:
>
>         Nov 19 16:42:35 piano vdr[14066]: cAudioRepacker(0xC0): skipped
>         208 bytes to sync on next audio frame
>         Nov 19 16:42:35 piano vdr[14066]: cAudioRepacker(0xC0): skipped
>         16 bytes to sync on next audio frame
>         Nov 19 16:42:36 piano vdr[14047]: cAudioRepacker(0xC0): skipped
>         328 bytes to sync on next audio frame
>         Nov 19 16:42:36 piano vdr[14060]: cAudioRepacker(0xC0): skipped
>         196 bytes to sync on next audio frame
>

>         My setup:
>
>         Gentoo Linux with 2.6.13-gentoo-r3 kernel
>         dvb-drivers from kernel with recent patch of Andrew de Quincey
>         ci-handling added manually editing
>         Nexus 2.1 dvb-s with CI and "CAM: Conax 4.00e, 01, 0B00, 04B1"
>         Terratec-Cinergy dvb-c 1200
>
>         Timo Helki?

Hi Timo,

when you record one encrypted channel and switch the live channel between
some other encrypted channels on the same transponder, do you get
distortions in the _recording_ at the times when you switched the live
channel? This is currently my main concern. I know that the AlphaCrypt
CAMs have problems there (which will hopefully be fixed in a future
software update for those), and was told that the Aston CAMs don't
have such problems (that was somebody from aston-france.com telling me
that, so it's not an actual test report). So I wonder whether the Conax
CAMs work as expected...

As for the cAudioRepacker messages: a full featured DVB card can only
handle a limited number of channels at the same time (be it encrypted or
not), so maybe it is just too much for it. You could try the same
scenario with unencrypted channels to see whether the messages appear
there, too.

Klaus