[patch] load i18n versions of commands/reccmds.conf

Am Montag, 14. November 2005 14:22 schrieb Lucian Muresan:
> I'd like to propose a patch for further i18n of VDR, namely in the
> commands.conf and reccmds.conf files. Even if any user can customize

That was something that was missing in vdr. Thanks.

> All that the user has to do, is to provide, additionally to the "normal"
> files commands.conf and reccmds.conf, the version(s) in the language(s)
> he want's to use as commands.conf.xyz and reccmds.conf.xyz, where ".xyz"
> is the 3-characters language code defined in VDR's i18n.c:

Although this is really easy to install for a user, it will be hard for an
admin/distributor to keep these files in sync. As of vdr currently supporting
up to 20 languages, one would have to edit up to 20 files just for a minor
change (even if it just affects the command line itself).
Wouldn't it be cleaner just to have _one_ config file and one for the
translations?

regards,
Thiemo