mp3 plugin : image corruption]

On 13 Nov 2005 Reinhard Nissl <rnissl@xxxxxx> wrote:

> Simon Baxter wrote:
>
>> Very Best Of Supertramp/cover.jpg.mpg
>> mad: lost sync 03334449 00000000 ID3^C
>> mad: skipping over ID3 tag
[...]
> I too get the lost sync message, but the images still appear perfectly.
> Strange is that I don't get this message for any mp3 file from my
> brother's library. I know that there are several versions for mp3 tags,
> so either libmad doesn't understand the version your software creates or
> your software simply does it wrong. But I'm no mp3 expert ;-)

The "lost sync" message means that the mp3 decoder has detected
something in the stream, which can't be decoded.
This can be a ID3 tag but some other garbage too.
The next message "skipping over ID3 tag" means that a ID3 tag was
recognised.

The messages are not related to the image processing in any way.

You don't have to worry about these messages unless you get tons
of header/decode errors after a lost sync.

Regards.

--
Stefan Huelswitt
s.huelswitt@xxxxxx  | http://www.muempf.de/