vdr-xine, changing priority of the receiver when connected

syrius.ml@xxxxxxxxxx writes:

> Hi,
>
> Sorry if it's a trivial question (or a non-sense one), i'm wondering
> how I could change the priority of the receiver when xine is connected
> to vdr-xine. (i may not be using the correct vocabulary)
>
> In fact i'd like to resolve some priorities issues. I'm running 2 vdr
> instances, both with vdr-xine; one is accessing the dvb devices and
> running streamdev-server, the other one just running streamdev-client.
> I'd like streamdev-server not to take over vdr-xine when xine is
> connected to vdr. I thought i could do that playing priorities.
> Could you give a little explanation on how i could do that ?

I'm discovering how things work by grepping the sources and
includes... :)
ok in xineDevice.c, it's easy to add a esyslog("xine connected to
device %d",cDevice::ActualDevice()->DeviceNumber()); in
OnClientConnect. (but there's already a xfprint("client connected!")
in xineLib.c)
Not using -q, i've discovered cXineDevice::SetPlayMode is called
everytime i change the channel.
from it i can check m_xineLib.isConnected().

Hmm while i continue to seek, could you confirm it will be possible to
set the receiving device priority from xineDevice.C ?

Very likely i'll will answer this myself in a few hours ;)