Working around Finnish EPG bugs?

On Fri, Nov 04, 2005 at 03:32:50PM +0100, Klaus Schmidinger wrote:
> Anssi Hannula wrote:
> >Marko M?kel? wrote:
> >
> >>I'm watching Finnish DVB-T streams with VDR.  Often, the EPG information
> >>for a program contains part of the description of the previous or
> >>following
> >>program.  EPG bugfix level is set to 2.  Should it be configured
> >>differently
> >>for Finnish transponders?  Has anyone tried to contact the transponder
> >>people?
> >

> >I set it to 0 and those problems were gone.
>
> This would mean that VDR's efforts to "fix" the EPG data would
> actually "damage" it?!

I tried setting the bugfix level from 2 to 0 and requesting an EPG update,
but it didn't fix anything.  When I browsed the EPG, I saw the same program
entry twice.  When I looked at the details in the nearby entries, I saw
the long description of one program for both that program and the following
one.

> Maybe you could investigate a little more into this to find
> out what actually does the damage?
>
> Which transponder/channel is this data on?

I don't know how the EPG works, but I think the master DVB-T transponder
here is the one that carries the state-owned YLE channels.  There are two
other transponders; I practically never use the third one.  I have encountered
bugs in the EPG entries of all channels I've browsed.

What exactly would you like to see to troubleshoot this problem?  Is the
epg.data file an exact dump of the EPG data, or does it leave out something
already?  Is it possible to get a raw dump of the EPG data?

	Marko