Configuring VDR for UK DVB-T

I demand that Andrew Herron may or may not have written...

> We are testing VDR 1.3.34-1 as part of a Plutohome installation (
> www.plutohome.com <http://www.plutohome.com>)

Ugh. Stupidly wide pages (in both Browse and Netsurf) - too wide for this 15"
monitor. Yet it looks reasonable in Firefox, though there's an assumption
about the window width...

> in the UK and are having some problems getting sources.conf & channels.conf
> populated with the right DVB-T EPG data.

That's not possible without allowing some channels' PIDs to be updated and
preventing others from being updated.

BBC Parliament and 303 (formerly 703) have VPID=0 according to the broadcast
data, but share PID 202 for video (there are three sub-pictures); this
_should_ be acquired via MHEG-5.

> As we are complete novices in respect of VDR (having previously battled
> with MythTV inside Pluto... not a pleasant experience!) we were wondering
> if someone on this list could give us some help or point us at the right
> online docs to get us up to speed.

Probably. :-)

--
| Darren Salt | nr. Ashington, | d youmustbejoking,demon,co,uk
| Debian,     | Northumberland | s zap,tartarus,org
| RISC OS     | Toon Army      | @
|   Kill all extremists!

If happiness is in your destiny, you need not be in a hurry.