Radio Horeb: VDR changes transponder on its own

In the new year, Klaus Schmidinger wrote:
> Sascha Volkenandt wrote:
> The problem is that if you take an existing channel and change the
> values in the "Edit channel" menu, you can't change the NID and TID
> values.

Are you saying here you physically can't change it or you shouldn't change
it?

> Just use this entry:
>
> Radio Horeb;Eurociel:10832:hC56:S19.2E:22000:0:64=deu:0:0:61960:1:1057:0
>
> I'm not sure if it makes much sense to offer the NID and TID in this menu,
> because normally the user only knows the transponder frequency.
> Maybe these values should simply be set to 0 when saving an edited
> channel record, because then VDR will automatically update them the
> next time this transponder is tuned to. I guess I'll make it so.

I'd like to request this change not go into effect.  I think it would have
unforseen impact on an already-stable codebase.  I can even innvision
somehow duplicate channels being added in some race condition because the
nid and tsid are part of the channel id.  I believe the correct solution
is to have the user set it right the first time and forget about it.  If
they don't know what it is they should set -1 or something that violates
spec so that vdr understands this was deliberately set to "I don't know"

Or

you could add a bool to channels.conf to say whether you believe the sid,
nid, tsid, frequency, and other bits are accurate, but then again I think
that's a bit overkill.

_J