Re: Xine-Plugin, 16:9 TV, black bars

Am Sonntag 30 Oktober 2005 12:19 schrieb Gregoire Favre:
> On Sun, Oct 30, 2005 at 11:11:35AM +0100, Sebastian Frei wrote:
> > Hello,
> >
> > I have a new 16:9 display and use it with the xine-plugin. Unfortunately
> > many stations broadcast 16:9 content in a 4:3 stream with hardcoded black
> > bars at the top and the bottom. There is no possibility with xine and/or
> > the xine-plugin to get rid of the black bars, the expand post-plugin
> > doesn't work in this situation.
>
> Have you tried to play with (a) aspect ratio and the different zoom (z,Z
> also combined with alt and crtl I think as default) ?
>
> For me it works pretty good !!!
This works, but not very well:

a) The OSD is also zoomed, this is especially annoying when replaying a
recording, because then it is completely off screen.
b) It is very very uncomfortable. It takes several keypresses to zoom in.
After a channel switch one has to zoom out again. Zoom reset doesn't work in
fullscreen mode (maybe a xine bug).

An automatic solution like the centre-cut-out-mode is better. I don't know if
it's very hard to implement such a function, but if it's easy it should be
done.

S.