EPG data...

Richard Lithvall wrote:
> I know this issue has been discussed before but I still have some
> questions.
>
> Background.
> I receive some channels from more than one source and one of those
> sources carry a couple of days of EPG but suffers from low signal
> quality so I'd rather not use that source when recording/viewing.
> So I was thinking of exporting the EPG from that source and import it to
> my other sources EPG-data but found out that the <event id> and <table
> id> differs between these sources.
>
> What sets the <event id> and <table id> and are those values calculable?

The <event id> is an arbitrary value. The only requirement is that it
is unique within the given service.

The <table id> is simply the id of the table in which the event was
found. Tables 0x4e and 0x4F are for present/following events, and
0x50..0x6F are for events in the future (the higher the table id, the
further in th future).

> If these values are not calculable I'd like to know if there is an
> counter part to <table id>=0, that is - always overwrite this event if
> conflicting data comes from the DVB stream (conflicting as in
> overlapping start time and duration).

If you send your "known to be good" data with table id 0x00, it should
overwrite any existing events, provided either the event id is the same,
or they start at the same time.

Klaus