[Fwd: sc]

Jo?o Mamede wrote:
> who told
> you I don't have subscription of the service?I have the service
> card..but don't have cam module for PC. :D.

It doesn't matter whether you have a card or not. The only legal way to
decode is to use the card in a licensed decoder. Even a softcam and a
card reader violates patents and licenses and may be interpreted as
bypassing a copy protection. There is no right to use the subscribed
channels in any way you want, just in any way they want.

The important point is not whether /you/ want to use SC. Do what you
want, I don't care. The point is that linuxtv.org is responsible for
everything illegal that may happen on this list, and its not fair to put
them at risk after all the great service they offer to us.

Cheers,

Udo