Dumb question on DVB-C

On Tuesday 25 October 2005 10:30, Simon Baxter wrote:
> Hi.
>
> I'm currently using a Nova-T card for terrestrial DVB, but would like to
> add a DVB-C card and connect to cable.
>
> Am I right in assuming that channels on cable are organised much like on
> terrestrial, with 3 or 4 transponder frequencies carrying 3 or 4
> channels each?  I wonder, because as the cable is provided by a single
> supplier, I wasn't sure how the channels are mapped.

there are frequencies, that can carry an amount of services. depending on bandwith
that can be carried. there is nothing, that depends on how much provider do insert data.

> Secondly, are channels that require CAM decrypting all generally on the
> same transponder?  Or are these pay-channels interspersed with the free-
> to-air ones across the frequencies?
why is that important? normally FTA and Crypted can be seperated or mixed on transponders.
also a matter of bandwith, how much of those can be carried