mplayer w/ softdevice

Is it possible to show VDRs OSD when playing file with mplayer plugin when
using softdevice? Also is it possible to set mplayer plugin so when replying
stops, it would drop back to mplayer plugin file browsing list OSD menu?

The way its setup here is very inconvenient. When I browse through my media
library, every time I finish viewing one file with mplayer, I have to go
back to mplayer plugin using Menu, then down, down.. keys etc. I'd like to
get it to same behavior as VDRs recordings menu, so when replay finishes it
puts you back to the place where I left off, i.e. in VDRs recordings menu
and selection at the file that I was playing.

Also with softdevice I get mplayers OSD, i.e. I can't see what's playing or
at what position it is until I hit forward or backward buttons, etc. I know
this is not the case on FF cards output.

Is there any workarounds to these issues or am I doing something wrong?

Thanks in advance,

--Vlad

softdevice 0.2.0/-vo dfb:mgatv
DFB/DFB++ CVS 0.9.23