OT creating playable dvd's from vdr

On Wed, 2005-10-19 at 07:29 +0200, tony wrote:
> Le mercredi 19 octobre 2005 ? 01:04 +0200, Halim Sahin a ?crit :
>
> > I am trying to convert my vdr-recordings into dvds using vdrsync with
> > the folowing command:
> >
> > vdrsync pathtomovie -master-dvd -fit-to-dvd -cut -chapter 600 -use-pipe
> > -o outdir
> >
> > That works only for recordings with one mp2 audio track.
> > Its not working for movies with a second or a third audiotrack.
> > You can test that with a recording from ZDF in germany.
> >
> > vdr-1.3.34 vdrsync-050322
> >
> > What can I do to get this work?
>
> I do it step by step as described in the README file. I'm recording
> mostly films shown on the BBC and they all have two audio streams. I
> tried once again with the GUI but it just dies on me.

My experience of vdrsync (mainly run through the GUI) is that creating
the animated menu pages fails quite often for BBC stuff. I think it is
ffmpeg that doesn't like them for some reason. The actual conversion
works fine: it just fails when creating the small preview images for the
menus, and then the whole thing fails because the files are missing!

I can't remember the name of the option but uncheck the checkbox which
leads to creating the animated menus. Worked for me.

Cheers,

Laz