New install

I can also help if you have questions, I've installed vdr a few days ago on an unstable debian system (no crashes yet ;)   ).
I used

# Tobi's Experimental VDR Repository (multipatch)
deb http://e-tobi.net/vdr-experimental sarge base addons vdr-multipatch

don't forget to add

Package: *
Pin: release o=e-tobi.net
Pin-Priority: 1001

to /etc/apt/preferences !

only thing is that I don't have channel logos, but I will try to fix that too.

bye