[Fwd: Re: How does VDR handle AFD?]

I demand that Malcolm Caldwell may or may not have written...

[snip; DXR3 with AFD patch]
> As I said they worked in as much as when I watched that channel everything
> was Ok, but once I changed back to another channel without AFDs I would end
> up with eg. a 16:9 programme displayed as a 4:3 on my 4:3 display.

> As there was only AFD information on the one channel I did not debug this
> any further.

ISTM that that AFD patch is incomplete. There is one AFD value which means
"use the image aspect ratio"; the absence of AFD information should be
treated as if that value was given.

--
| Darren Salt | nr. Ashington, | d youmustbejoking,demon,co,uk
| Debian,     | Northumberland | s zap,tartarus,org
| RISC OS     | Toon Army      | @
|   We've got Souness, we don't want him

Barman, pour me a Molotov cocktail.