Replying with a new subject (was: Re: [ANNOUNCE] VDR developer version 1.3.32)

Rainer Zocholl wrote:
> Klaus.Schmidinger@xxxxxxxxxx(Klaus Schmidinger)  11.09.05 17:02
>>PS: so much for telling people not to reply to announcements... :-(
>

> Text in capitals is hard to read.
> That's the reason why EULAs etc. are written in all capitals:
> The customer should not read it.

Funny idea...

> Try your self, what's easier to read?
>

>>********************************************************************
>>** THIS IS AN ANNOUNCEMENT - PLEASE DO NOT REPLY TO THIS MESSAGE! **
>>** SEND BUG REPORTS ETC. AS A NEW MESSAGE, WITH A PROPER SUBJECT! **
>>********************************************************************

> **    This is an announcement - please do not reply to this message!      **
> ** Send comments, questions etc. as a new message, with a proper subject! **

I was under the impression that it is common practice to write
something important in capitals.

> Too:
>
> Maybe a subject change would help?
>
> The convention is:
> Subject: New topic (was: old topic)
>
> "(was:" is a token detected be better readers so that further
> "Re" will not repete it again and again...

Just changing the subject isn't doing the trick.
You _have_ to write a _new_ message to start a new thread.

Well, this was an apparently feeble attempt to make people aware
that they should start a new thread for a new problem. I guess I
just have to give up and accept that there will always be somebody
who just doesn't give a sh*t...

Klaus