simulate recordings?

Hi,

is there a simple way to simulate recordings when I have no dvb hardware?

The reason is, that I need to test some new features in my plugin on my
development system (no dvb hardware + xine) and therefore have to do many
recordings (also more that one concurrently).
It would be sufficient, if the recordings only contain black screens. Can I
add any plugin, that simulates a recording device or patch parts of VDR in a
way, that it doesn't mind if there's no device? streamdev is no real
solution, since I do not want to depend on my real VDR system.

Thanks,

Christian