Re: SourceCaps patch for VDR 1.3.31.

Hi,

On Wednesday 07 September 2005 09:11, Carsten Koch wrote:
> Iwan Davies wrote:
> > SourceCaps = 1 S19.2E S13.0E
> > SourceCaps = 2 S28.2E S28.5E

This would be enough. SourceCaps are only valid for DVB-S at this time.

> > Aside from the SourceCaps approach, wouldn't a more logical system for
> > VDR be to modify the sources.conf so that you had to indicate which
> > card(s) was/were used for each source, e.g.
> > S10.0E
> > S13.0E	1
> > S19.2E	1
> > S28.2E	2
> > S28.5E	2
> > T	3
> >
> > or in Carsten's case
> >
> > S13.0	3
> > S19.2	1,2

This would have the same effect but just uses another syntax ;-)
Lets Klaus decide how to implement this permanently.

> > That would then allow the CA field in channels.conf to be used correctly,
> > since the assignment between the source and the cards available for that
> > source would be defined in sources.conf. It would also mean that changing
> > the allocation of channels to particular cards (e.g. after adding new
> > cards that then changes the order in which cards are detected) would be a
> > lot simpler than at present (where you have to edit every single channel
> > in channels.conf).
>
> I had to make *no* changes in channels.conf to use the SourceCaps feature.
> The CA field could remain as it is.

Exactly, I implemented the SourceCaps functionality at avoid any fiddeling
with a CA field.

> Carsten.

btw: Carsten, thanks for maintenance :-) I do not have much time for this at
the moment.