softdevice (directfb) and mplayer plugins

In <20050902152235.M76763@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>, Per Mellander wrote:

> I have a EPIA M10000 that's running vdr-1.3.30, softdevice and streamdev.
>
> I wanted it to be able to play other than vdr recordings so I installed the
> mplayer plugin. The problem is that I'm having a hard time getting it to
> work. I can play movies by using the fbdev as output ( that's VO=fbdev in
> mplayer.sh.conf ). This gives a somewhat uncorrect aspect ratio ;) What I
> really wan't to ask is if it's possible to use the directfb output for
> mplayer aswell? Choosing directfb gives me a black picture and replaying
> stops after a few seconds.
>
> mplayer alone plays correct with -vo directfb

I used to have problems using the mplayer plugin with softdevice, both
using DirectFB on a Matrox G450 TV out, but IIRC mplayer used to run OK
and it was VDR that wouldn't work again when mplayer had finished.

Have you tried the softplay plugin?

--
TH * http://www.realh.co.uk