valid summary.vdr file hangs vdr.

Klaus Schmidinger wrote:
> Are you sure this file was actually created by VDR itself?

Yes, 100%.
It was created by vdr using a timers.conf entry created by epg2timers, though.

I have several old recordings with summary files like this that hang vdr.

> The expected syntax of a summary.vdr file is
>
> Single line title
> <empty line>
> Single line short text
> <empty line>
> Description
> may consist
> of several lines
>
> In your case there is no empty line between the title and "D 1998",
> which makes the longish description the "Short text" - and that leads to
> irritations.
>
> Simply insert a blank line after the title and it works (at least it
> does here).

OK.
I guess I should go though all my summary.vdr files then
and check whether the second and fourth line is blank.

Of course my point is that VDR should never hang when
reading a file that it has created itself.
Would you like me to create a patch this weekend that
fixes this?

Carsten.